Monday, January 2, 2012

Year in Review

Here are a few shots of where I went this year.  
June:  Washington DC and Raleigh, North Carolina
July:   Grand Canyon (North Rim) and Utah
Sept:  Grand Canyon (South Rim)
Oct:   Grand Canyon (South Rim)
Yes, I visited Arlington. Twice in this trip, actually.

Who DOESN'T love all the Smithsonians?

DC is one of my favorite places. 

We ate loads of cupcakes while I was there.

A side trip back to DC (from NC) took us to Washington's birthplace.

The street pretzels in DC were absolutely disappointing.

Grand Canyon!  I visited this place three times this year.  Once in July, once in September and once in October.  Two of the three times, we camped.

We made it up to Bear Lake and did some canoeing.  Not in this, though.  This is CLEARLY a kayak, and CLEARLY not mine.

We also went to a Decemberist concert for free-ninety-free in SLC.

I went to a baseball game in July for the first time in three years.  

THIRTY!  German Chocolate Cake is the BEST way to celebrate getting old!

Here are my feet in the GC after "hiking" with the parents.  We went partially down South Kaibab.

Beautiful sunset picture taken at the GC in September.  I met up with the parents for this trip.
I was not nearly as dedicated to pictorial documentation of my year as I should have been.  Alas!  2011 was a year of growth.  I started my year with a new knee and continued through the year working on a new outlook.  Here's to new adventures and a great harvest of growth in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had great adventures. Your travels look like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to more growth in 2012 too!

    ReplyDelete