Saturday, March 3, 2012

SOLIDARITY...!

I often feel frustrated and perhaps a little spiritually impotent.  There was a flare up of this recently.  Today, thanks to the miracle of the internet (and my dependence on it when I can't find the energy to do anything but surf mindlessly), I ran into a fantastic blog I sometimes read.


You should go there.  


http://www.askmormongirl.com/


On many occasions, I find myself indulging in a luxury granted to the teenage-world; that is, sulking and feeling misunderstood.  I somehow find a twisted comfort in holding to the belief that I am the only one who feels particular feelings, has particular doubts, challenges particular cultural, political, and/or doctrinal stances.  That twisted comfort lasts only for a brief moment before settling into a deep pit of anxiety and despair.  


So, a sense of solidarity is a tender mercy.  Thank you to the imperfect souls out there who are willing to expose your vulnerabilities to the rest of us.  We need it.  


I need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment